Nothing can help you look or feel young and beautiful quite like a glowing, stunning complexion. As most women know, our skin will change dramatically over time and develop new issues and concerns as we age. You may have had oily skin in your teens and twenties and were faced with dry, flaky skin in your thirties—and struggle to keep up with all of these changes.
This is completely normal.
It takes a lot to keep up with your changing skin, and while regular maintenance is important, there are a few signs that your skin may need a complete makeover. Here are the five signs that your skin is in need of a major overhaul:
- Your Makeup Doesn’t Stay in Place- If your normal foundation routine just isn’t working anymore—and if your makeup doesn’t look the same or isn’t staying in place, then it may be time for a skin makeover. Many times, women start to see their makeup slip off, their makeup looks flaky, or it just doesn’t blend the way it once did—these are all signs of a skincare issue.
- You Break Out With Every New Treatment- If you try a new skin product or makeup and your skin all of a sudden breaks out with acne, this is likely a sign your skin is crying out for more attention. Acne isn’t just for teenagers—it can happen when your skin changes as you age as well.
- Your Skin Starts Flaking and is Super Dry- This is one of the biggest signs that your skin is starting to age and that you may need to switch up your skincare routine. Many people start getting dry, flaky and wrinkly skin when they age and grow older, which means it is time to start taking care of your skin in a different way.
- Your Skin Starts Getting Oily- When your skin is off-balance, it can start getting dry and flaky or it can start getting really oily, one way or another. Oily skin may come as a surprise to some people, but in most situations, your skin starts producing excess oil out of nowhere because it is craving more moisture. A new moisture-heavy skincare routine can help.
- Your Skin Starts Getting Red- There is nothing quite like a natural, rosy-looking flush to your skin. However, if your skin is actually red or inflamed, and looks red not rosy, it means your skin is irritated and needs a makeover.
The good news is, we have just the treatment you need to kickstart your skin makeover: the Hydrafacial. This celebrity-loved facial treatment will help with skin tone and texture and help smooth out fine lines, large pores, and wrinkles while infusing the skin with natural, glowing hydration. If you want to look young, fresh and like you have healthy glowing skin—there is no better way to give your skin the makeover it needs.
Here at Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics, we are dedicated to helping our clients get the healthy, glowing skin they’ve always wanted. If you are interested in our Hydrafacial or other skin treatments, give us a call at 817-617-8650 to schedule a consultation.