Women rely on Botox regularly as a way to treat wrinkles and fine lines. Botox can be an excellent resource for those who want to maintain a youthful appearance. While many women wait until they start seeing wrinkles in the mirror to get Botox injections, more and more dermatologists are encouraging women to try Botox as a preventative treatment.
Here’s what you need to know about preventative Botox.
– As the name suggests, preventative Botox is designed to prevent serious or deep lines from forming.
– Most people start with preventative Botox when they see fine lines that don’t go away. Using Botox at this time will not only take care of these slight lines, but it will prevent those deep, noticeable lines from forming. The best time to start is when you see the earliest signs of “resting wrinkles” or wrinkles that appear when you aren’t moving your face.
– Women are now getting Botox in this mid to late 20s, instead of their 30s. It should be noted that Botox is only FDA-approve for people who are age 18 and older.
– Our medical professionals at Heritage FMA will be able to assess at your skin and determine which areas are appropriate for preventative botox. By injecting these areas, you will notice less movement and therefore less wrinkling – lowering your chance for developing permanent wrinkles.
– Preventative Botox should be used as part of a larger, anti-aging skincare regimen, that includes safe sun habits (use of a zinc based 30 SPF or higher), retinol, facials, and regular moisturizers.
Another very important thing to realize about starting Botox early and using it as a preventative measure is that this doesn’t mean you are going to need to do Botox regularly for the rest of your life. In fact, many women who start preventative Botox early on in their 20s and early 30s have fewer wrinkles when they get older and need less Botox injections and treatments later on to maintain youthful-looking skin.
Here at Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics, we proudly offer Botox treatments, including preventative Botox treatments right here at our office.If you are interested in preventative Botox or other skin treatments and want to learn more about what preventative Botox can do for you—give Heritage FMA a call at 817-617-8650 to schedule a consultation.