Lip injections are one of the most popular forms of aesthetic treatments out there. They are used to balance any uneven appearance, which is why fillers are one of the most common ways to make a dramatic change to your look. Lip injections can be accomplished with dermal fillers and can be used not only to give the look of fuller lips but to help create a more youthful appearance, especially if you have lost lip volume due to aging.
If you have never tried lip injections before, then you may have many questions about this treatment, what it can deliver and what types of results you can expect with lip injections.
This is why we have detailed six of the top things that you should know about lip injections, so you can be fully informed about this treatment before you ever go into your doctor’s office. Here are six facts about lip injections that you should know.
- Lip Enhancement Procedures Are Not Permanent- One of the great things about lip injections is that they aren’t permanent so you can adjust the size of your lips as needed. The body will eventually absorb dermal fillers, so you will need to come back and get them touched up from time-to-time. They typically last around 6 months, but you will be able to see results almost instantly. While the lips may be slightly swollen in the first 24 hours, that swelling will subside quickly.
- There Are a Few Different Types of Lip Injections- Fat injections, collagen injections, synthetic human collagen and hyaluronic acid injections. These different types of injections can deliver the fuller lips you are looking for but keep in mind that some fillers are safer than others.
- You Don’t Need Surgery to Get Fuller Lips- You can completely transform your look with lip injections and they don’t require surgery or downtime. Lip injections involve minimal downtime or recovery.
- Lip Injections Are Relatively Painless- Some people may be wary of needles and injections, but lip injections are relatively painless. There is even an option to use a numbing cream first, so you virtually don’t feel anything when getting your lips injected.
- Lip Injections Are Safe- Lip enhancement procedures such as lip injections are safe when you get them performed in a certified doctor’s office such as Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics. Injections in facilities such as ours are FDA approved.
- Post Lip-Injection Lips Feel Just Like Normal Lips- If there is one thing that people tend to worry about with lip injections it’s that they will feel different once the injections are in. The good news is, once you have lip injections, they will feel just like your normal lips—even to those kissing you!
If you are interested in learning more about lip injections or about setting up an appointment for your Botox injections, contact the experts at Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics. Give us a call us today at 817-318-7859 and see first-hand how lip injections can help change your look for the better!