CoolSculpting has become one of the most talked about aesthetic procedures in recent years and for a good reason. This FDA-cleared treatment has been proven to freeze away fat cells so you can naturally expel them from your body. There are no crazy diets, no high-profile surgeries or no dangerous supplements. However, many who have seen CoolSculpting results before are likely wondering the same thing…if this treatment works so well and so fast, is it really safe?
If you have been wondering “is CoolSculpting safe?” the simple answer is “yes.” However, there is a lot more science and research behind that answer than many people assume. Here are some of the most important safety facts that every person considering CoolSculpting should know.
– CoolSculpting has been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration since 2010. The FDA cleared the procedure to target eight different treatment areas. It was the first non-surgical treatment the FDA cleared for love handles.
– It is completely non-invasive. By non-invasive, we mean absolutely no needles and no surgery-and there is also little to no downtime. Unlike liposuction, you can quickly get your treatment, get up and get on with your day.
– There have been a lot of CoolSculpting studies. There has been no shortage of CoolSculpting research as the treatment has been analyzed in controlled clinical studies and depicted in more than 100 different clinical publications.
– It involves a very controlled technology, backed by Harvard scientists. CoolSculpting utilizes a process known as Cryolipolysis. Scientists discovered that fat cells are extremely sensitive to cold-more than our nerves, muscles or skin. By using very controlled freezing temperatures, this procedure actually causes these fat cells to die without harming any of the surrounding cells or tissues.
– Your body takes care of a lot of the work. One of the most amazing things about CoolSculpting and one of the reasons it is so safe, is that your body is actually naturally involved in a lot of the work. Once cold temps are applied to the treatment area and the fat cells die, your body naturally clears the fat cells away.
– The numbers speak for themselves. So, is CoolSculpting safe? Take a look at the numbers. Today, more than 6 million CoolSculpting treatments have been performed around the world as more and more people realize that CoolSculpting is a safe and reliable way to get rid of their unwanted fat.
– CoolSculpting can only be performed under physician supervision. CoolSculpting treatments can only be performed in a physician’s office with physician supervision. They can be performed by the physician, or by highly-trained technicians or nurse practitioners, so you know that you have medical professionals overseeing every step of the CoolSculpting procedure and that you are always in good hands.
Ready to learn if CoolSculpting is right for you? Our office has been providing CoolSculpting® treatments since 2013, and we have received advanced training to help patients receive optimal results. Schedule your complimentary CoolSculpting consultation here.